I had my period last month January 13th

Patient

Q: I had my period last month January 13th it is know over the month and I haven't had it since I'm about 16 day over due but after 4 days over I took a pregnancy test which showed I wasn't pregnant I haven't took one since then. Few days ago I had pain where I thought I was ready to come on my period but nothing so far. I am tired know more then other I'm sleeping more hour and waken and feeling tired I feel like I'm dragged down I can't be bothered to do any thing. I get this funny werid pain in my tummy where I think I'm hungry but I eat and it's still there really don't know what it is or what to do would love to hear your advice. Thanks

Doctor

If you have missed your menses by more than 2 weeks now and your initial urine pregnancy test was negative at 4 days post missed period, then it is suggested that you should repeat it again once more and if still negative then you should undergo an ultrasound to look for endometrial thickness, which if found to be more than 10mm, then you can opt for a withdrawal bleed with progestins to resume your menses.
The symptoms that you are experiencing in absence pf pregnancy are more likely to be associated with premenstrual syndrome and indicate that your menses shall start in next few days. You may choose to wait for few days or get a withdrawal now is your decision.
I hope I have answered your query in detail.

Wishing you good health.