I had my period on may 8 my period last

Q: I had my period on may 8 my period last for 5 days and stop on the 6th day which is may 13 a week later from then which is today may 20th I started bleeding very heavy out of the blue I had big blood cots falling out of me i have no cramps like I would normally have on my period just heavy bleeding is this a period or something else and to be very detailed

I'm not on birth control
I have a regular period some days it comes a day or two early or late but its normal
This never happened to me before
Not under a lot of stress
I don't have a poor diet
Not taking any medication

A:   Hi,

Bleeding in between periods is called metrorrhagia.
It can occur due to many causes like uterine fibroids, polyps, adenomyosis, endometrial abnormalities, gonadal hormonal imbalance, thyroid hormonal abnormalities, cervical erosion, in case of pregnancy miscarriage, coagulation abnormalities etc.
As you are having heavy bleeding, better to get evaluated.
Please do consult your doctor, get examined and go for investigations like ultrasound, gonadal hormonal profile, thyroid hormonal profile, complete blood picture etc.
With this workup the possible cause of your problem can be identified and treated.

Take care.