I had my period on the first of January, and it lasted 7 days.

Patient : I had my period on the first of January, and it lasted 7 days. My average cycle is 30 days, and my duration is 5. The last time I had sex was on December 11. Could I be pregnant?
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query, If you have resumed your menses from Jan 1 and the intercourse you had was on December 1 1, it is not possible for you to be pregnant because of your sexual encounter on dec 11. As the endometrium of the previous cycle is completely shed by Jan 1, the chances of conception are nil. I hope I have answered your concern, wishing you safe sexual practices, regards