Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I had my period two weeks ago and during this

I had my period two weeks ago and during this

Patient: I had my period two weeks ago and during this week I been having unprotected sex with my boyfriend and I bleed what does it mean?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.If you bleed every time soon after an intercourse, it means that your cervix could be u nhealthy and you will need to consult a gynecologist for an examination. An early cancer of the cervix or cervical infection can lead to such bleeding. If you have experienced bleeding one week earlier to your cycles, in the form of spotting, it may mean implantation bleeding, which is a sign of an early pregnancy.Kindly do a pregnancy test 14 days after your last intercourse. This will help in ruling out a pregnancy and consult a gynecologist for further evaluation.Hope this helped.Regards