November 17, 2018

I had normal 5 months periodsI did 12 pregancy urine

Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I had normal 5 months periodsI did 12 pregancy urine

Patient: I had normal 5 months periods..I did 12 pregancy urine test and all negative.One was 2 weeks ago and it was negative too with early morning urine.If i presume I am 5 months pregnant which i guess its just psychological,what should be the normal weight gain?as i am very thin,my weight has been constant during last 5 months..All my clothes fit me well..Will clothes fit if i am 5 months pregnant??how to be sure??what are the other pregnancy symptoms??And i had last periods on 9 april this month..I now have white rubber/elastic like discharge..Its not milky..y is it so??any concern??how to remove stress if i am not pregnant and its all psychological…

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.A pregnancy test by urine is not relevant at 5 months, it holds good till 3 months of p regnancy. At fifth month the pregnancy signs include the perception of baby movements, weight gain of 3 to 4 kgs from pre-pregnancy weight, abdominal distension due to the growth of the baby, etc.Clothes may fit you as it is a relative change and we cannot conclude pregnancy on that finding.The best method to relieve your stress and ruling out a pregnancy is to get an ultrasound done. It will give 100 percent result in detecting an intrauterine pregnancy. Since you have got periods on April 9th, there is no point in considering you are 5 months pregnant. With a scan coming negative, you will be reassured and relieved. With the nature of cervical discharge we cannot conclude on a pregnancy, it could even mean an infection. The doctor can examine you and guide you further.Hope this helped.Regards

Patient: Thank you for the detailed answer.

Was this answer helpful?
Yes
No