Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I had open inguinal hernia repair 5 wks ago released

I had open inguinal hernia repair 5 wks ago released

Patient: I had open inguinal hernia repair 5 wks ago released no restrictions. Did heavy yard labor and now have pain in the groin hernia area. Did I damage the repair or entrap a nerve in the mesh? I was checked and the hernia has not returned. Please help I am so scared I caused perminant pain.

Doctor: Hi.Working so hard so early was not ideal.Well, whatever happened can not be reverted back.Consult your oper ating Surgeon. Get a confirmed diagnostic and medicines for painWill get the relief, and further care.If the pain remains, it can be reduced by medicines or small surgery if necessary.Hope this helps you