I had pregnancy symptoms that made me think i was pregnant

Patient : I had pregnancy symptoms that made me think i was pregnant but then my period came two days early and it is lighter than usual. does that mean i can still be pregnant?
Doctor :   Hello. Thanks for the query. The pregnancy like symptoms that you were having prior to onset of your menses were a p art of PMS or premenstrual syndrome complex which occurs in a progesterone deficient state and can mimic early pregnancy in the absence of pregnancy. PMS indicates that the menses are to start in next few days. PMS generally start a week prior to the onset of menses and may last for a few days after the end of bleeding. This is a normal phenomenon. The start of menses indicates that you are not pregnant at all and safe from pregnancy. I hope I have answered your query in detail. Wishing you good health. Regards