Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I had scoliosis surgery in 2008, 7 years ago I

I had scoliosis surgery in 2008, 7 years ago I

Patient: I had scoliosis surgery in 2008, 7 years ago. I now experience a lot of back pain and have a hump like before surgery to the point I can feel my actual rib cage. Will scoliosis surgery be needed again? Will I even be offered it again? I am on a very long waiting list to see a scoliosis specialist but am extremely self conscious over this hump and would just like to know weather or not I have a chance of getting this fixed.Thanks

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.I think you should see a Doctor with your problems. This is because you have complex p roblems that will need a Doctor’s examination to decide the cause. This should help you with the diagnosis and only a Doctor after examination can decide what to do. All the best.Hope this helps you.