Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I had sec while on my period the condom broke

I had sec while on my period the condom broke

Patient: I had sec while on my period the condom broke outside me but it tore on the inside of my vigania. I finished my period IMMEDIATELY after sex. What’s happening?

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.If you had intercourse between 3rd or 5th day of periods, th e flow might have stopped naturally.Sometimes few hours of gap can be seen during periods and flow may start again.Intercourse may not be responsible for your cessation of menstrual flow.If you are afraid of possibility of remaining bits of condom within your vagina, please do consult your doctor and get examined.As you were around the time of your periods at the time of intercourse the possibility of pregnancy is less.Take care.