Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I had sex 2 weeks ago My period is

I had sex 2 weeks ago My period is

Patient: I had sex 2 weeks ago. My period is irregular. I’m starting notice pregnancy symptoms such as certain foods like eggs I use to love makes me feel sick, lower back pains, cramps, crying and getting emotional for no reasons. I did a home pregnancy test a few days ago, but it was negative. Should I wait longer to test again? What are the chances I’m pregnant?

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.If you had unprotected intercourse around the time of ovula tion, there is possibility of pregnancy.Just by symptoms we cannot come to a conclusion regarding pregnancy because most of the symptoms of early pregnancy may mimic symptoms of other conditions like premenstrual syndrome.Usually urine pregnancy test kit can give positive result after one week of expected date of periods, but as your periods are irregular, better to test for pregnancy three weeks after intercourse.If test gives negative result, the possibility of pregnancy is less.Take care.