I had sex 3 weeks ago. He used a condom and I have the nexplanon implant.

Patient

Q: I had sex 3 weeks ago. He used a condom and I have the nexplanon implant. I'm very nauseas and threw up a couple times in the morning the past 3 days. My periods are very irregular, I usually bleed very lightly for a couple of days every 3-4 months. Is there any chance I'm pregnant??

Doctor

A:   Hello.
Since you have used double contraception as in yourself with implant and him with condom there is very negligible chance of pregnancy. The nausea and vomiting could be due to premenstrual symptoms or other causes like gut infection or gastritis or food poisoning.
However, to be on the safer side you may take a home pregnancy test or could consult a gynecologist now and get a blood test called serum beta hcg done which can diagnose an early pregnancy.
The chances are very unlikely of getting pregnant in your case.
Hope this helps.