Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I had sex just before periods

I had sex just before periods

Patient: I had sex just before periods. Then i experienced some spotting. And then immediately my periods started. But with no pain at all. Just heavy bleeding. With terrible odour. Few days later, about 10 days i again experienced very light bleeding. Is there any thing to worry about ? Is it possible that i am pregnent ?

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.The chances of pregnancy are less in your case as you had sex before your period.The imp lantation bleeding usually occurs 6-10 days after sex and it is light pinkish spotting for 2-3 days.If you missed your period then you should go for a home urine pregnancy test after 7 days of your missed period date to rule out pregnancy.Your symptoms can be due to infection also.You can consult a Gynecologist and get yourself examined and rule out the infection.Hope it was useful.Regards