I had sex on April first expected period wasApril 12

Q: I had sex on April first expected period wasApril 12 they didn't come I begin feeling sick tired and have no appetite I was getting a severe pain in the bottom of my stomach a few days prior to expected period On April 18 I woke up to light pink spotting when I went to the bathroom the next day I woke up and it felt like blood was gushing out of me still have some pain in the bottom of my stomach but it is not like cramps I always get my period every 23 days like clockwork any ideas I took a pregnancy test at home but it was negative

A:   Hi,

Little bit of irregularity in periods can occur due to many causes.
Usually menstrual cycle with length of 21 days to 35 days should be considered as normal only.
Though little delayed as you got menstrual flow and as urine pregnancy test kit gave negative result, the possibility of pregnancy is less.
Unprotected intercourse can lead to pelvic inflammatory disease which can present with pain, sick feeling, decreased appetite etc.
So, if the pain persists or increases in severity, better to consult your doctor once and get examined.
Clinical examination and ultrasound helps in finding out the cause of the problem and treatment can be planned accordingly.

Take care