I had sex on Friday and last night

Q: I had sex on Friday and last night I started to feel my vagina states to burn and itch what do you think it is and is there a cure

Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.com

Vaginal itching following intercourse could be due a bacterial or fungal infection.
If there are whitish patches along with itching, it points more towards a fungal infection, needing Clotrimazole ointment for the treatment. It can be applied 2-3 times daily on the patches directly. But there can be some superadded bacterial infection. Hence, it is recommended Mupirocin + Clotrimazole are applied together till the symptoms resolve.

If there are no such patches or small bumps, then it could be due to a UTI, which can be confirmed by a urine routine. If there is evidence of infection, then based on the culture reports appropriate antibiotics can be given for a week to control the symptoms.

Hope this was helpful,