I had sex once during my cycle which is a

Patient : I had sex once during my cycle which is a 28-29 day cycle. I had sex 5 days before my period was due and then started my period the next day. Why would this happen ?
Doctor :   Hi, Thanks for the query. I understand your concern. Little bit of irregularity in periods can occur due to many causes like lifestyle modifications, weight changes, stress and strain etc leading to gonadal hormonal imbalance. Usually menstrual cycle with length of 21 days to 35 days should be considered as normal only. So, if you are having usual menstrual flow, you can take your period as normal and may not be related to intercourse. Take care.