I had sex sunday 5/25/15, i was perscribed Metronidazol for

Patient : I had sex sunday 5/25/15, i was perscribed Metronidazol for a sexually transmitted disease and also was giving four pills during my check up and a shot in my butt. I've been taking my pills everyday but i fear when i had sex my partner had an std but i had four more days of taking my medicine, i know have two. although i'm still taking my medicine will i still catch the std if he had one?
Symptoms:  I have none yet
Doctor :   Hi, Thanks for the query. I understand your concern. As you are under treatment the possibility of transmission of infection is less. Better to avoid intercourse till the treatment completes and both partners should be treated simultaneously to avoid future cross infections. Take care