Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I had sex the day my period started, im bloated, nauseous, getting

I had sex the day my period started, im bloated, nauseous, getting

Patient: I had sex the day my period started, im bloated,nauseous,getting headaches, and i get tired fast, cant breath good… Can i be pregnant?

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Intercourse on the day of menstruation will not lead to preg nancy usually in case of regular periods.Because in case of regular periods, ovulation will not occur on first day of menstruation.Headache, bloating sensation, nausea etc symptoms can be seen due to pelvic inflammatory disease or in premenstrual phase etc.Headache, tiredness, difficulty in breathing etc can be seen in respiratory tract infections.So, if the symptoms persist, better to consult your doctor once and get examined.By clinical examination and investigations like ultrasound, chest X ray etc the possible cause of your problem can be identified and treated.Take care.