I had sex with a transexual

Patient

Q: Hi this is my first time using this website, but about 2 weeks ago I had sexual contact with a transexual escort who told me she was clean. I gave her unprotected oral for about a minute(she did not ejaculate) and rubbed my penis on her anus without a condom for about 20 secs, but did not penetrate as I was not into it and decided to leave. About a week ago I started to get this tingling feeling in my urethra around the tip of my penis. It doesn't hurt or burn when I pee, but I noticed the past week at times I would have trouble starting to urinate, and a urge to urinate after I've just gone. As far as I can tell there are no warts or bumps of any kind around my genitals, and no discharge. The tingling is mild and doesn't really hurt, it's more of a discomfort, and hasn't gotten worse or better since it started. Then today I started to get some upper back aches and a little fatigue, I don't know if the two are related but I know some sti's can cause flu like symptoms. I was curious if it could maybe be a UTI instead of an sti, and wanted to know if I should go to the std clinic I've went to before, or the express med clinic I usually go to since I don't have a primary care doctor at the moment. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Doctor

Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.com

Although the chances of getting an STI from the exposure is less, I will still advise you to visit a STD clinic and get yourself tested for Gonorrhoea/ Chlamydia. They are highly prevalent and it is possible you acquired an STI as the symptoms are suggestive of urethritis. You can prophylactically consult your physician and get Azithromycin course for 3 days. It does not sound like a viral infection, hence it can be easily treated provided you are proactive about it.

Hope this was helpful,