I had sex with a transexual

Patient: Hi this is my first time using this website, but about 2 weeks ago I had sexual contact with a transexual escort who told me she was clean. I gave her unprotected oral for about a minute(she did not ejaculate) and rubbed my penis on her anus without a condom for about 20 secs, but did not penetrate as I was not into it and decided to leave. About a week ago I started to get this tingling feeling in my urethra around the tip of my penis. It doesn’t hurt or burn when I pee, but I noticed the past week at times I would have trouble starting to urinate, and a urge to urinate after I’ve just gone. As far as I can tell there are no warts or bumps of any kind around my genitals, and no discharge. The tingling is mild and doesn’t really hurt, it’s more of a discomfort, and hasn’t gotten worse or better since it started. Then today I started to get some upper back aches and a little fatigue, I don’t know if the two are related but I know some sti’s can cause flu like symptoms. I was curious if it could maybe be a UTI instead of an sti, and wanted to know if I should go to the std clinic I’ve went to before, or the express med clinic I usually go to since I don’t have a primary care doctor at the moment. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.Although the chances of gett ing an STI from the exposure is less, I will still advise you to visit a STD clinic and get yourself tested for Gonorrhoea/ Chlamydia. They are highly prevalent and it is possible you acquired an STI as the symptoms are suggestive of urethritis. You can prophylactically consult your physician and get Azithromycin course for 3 days. It does not sound like a viral infection, hence it can be easily treated provided you are proactive about it.Hope this was helpful,Regards