Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I had sex with my boyfriend day before yesterday too

I had sex with my boyfriend day before yesterday too

Patient: I had sex with my boyfriend day before yesterday too… Am delayed by periods like approximately10 days .. I took kit test -which is negative… V had protected sex…. Still I didn’t get my periods! Am I pregnant?!

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.An intercourse during ovulation time even though protected intercourse can lead to p regnancy due to chances of condom failure of 15 perCent. Hence with a history of delayed cycles, it is advisable to repeat the pregnancy test. Do a beta hcg test which is very accurate in prediction of pregnancy.Consult a gynecologist for an examination with reports to treat you accordingly. If negative for pregnancy you will be given progesterone for withdrawal bleeding. You can expect the cycles in a weeks time after withdrawal.Feel free to write back for clarifications.Hope this helped.Regards