Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I had sex with my gf during her period I’ve

I had sex with my gf during her period I’ve

Patient: I had sex with my gf during her period. I’ve peed blood clots. Could it be related

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for trusting us about your health care.I can understand your concern here.Yes, sometimes it hap pened that blood clots can come out in the urine ( when had sex during menstruation).It can be due to infection, injury or may be a normal finding.You should keep watch on it, it will be resolved by its own but if it continues for a long than you should consult a Gynaecologist for the same and get yourself examined and investigated for the same and rule out the above mentioned cause.Hope it is useful, feel free to discuss more.Regards