Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I had sex with my partner and we used a

I had sex with my partner and we used a

Patient: I had sex with my partner and we used a condom…i didnt even ejaculate during sex…she gets her periods every 15-20 days… But this time… It’s been around 22-23 days and she hasnt got them yet and she is freaking out… Is there any chance of a pregnancy?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion,The fact that you have been protected during intercourse and al so there was no ejaculation involved, it rules out any chances of pregnancy due to the act as there was no rupture of condom involved. However as she has missed her menses by just 2 days considering that she has short cycles, it is better if she can get a serum beta hcg test done which if negative then it shall conclusively rule out pregnancy and in that case she can then safely wait for her menses to return.I hope i have answered your query in detail,Wishing you good health,Regards