I had sinus surgery and septoplasty a week ago and

Patient : I had sinus surgery and septoplasty a week ago and for the past 2 days, I have been coughing up a lot of mucus and I can feel my chest getting tight. Can I take mucinex or should I do something else? I'm currently on antibiotics and anti-inflammatories.
Symptoms:  Tight chest and coughing up mucus.
Had septoplasty and sinus surgery a week ago.
Doctor :   Hi, read your history of sinus and septum surgery a week ago.started coughing 2 days ago and have lots of mucus and alre ady are under antibiotic and anti-inflammatory medicines cover. you can certainly take Mucinex and take steam inhalations. If there is an evidence of infection still carrying on, you may need an additional antibiotic or a change of it. It is better to consult your operating Surgeon for clinical evaluation and management . He would definitely like to review his own surgery and see that no complications occur. Hope this helps you.