I had some heavy things fall on my foot in

Patient

Q: I had some heavy things fall on my foot in the garage 2 days ago. My foot is swollen and tender on top. There is a large red bruise, and a white center that is even more tender. What causes the white center? I can walk on it even though it's painful. Could it still be broken?

Symptoms:  Swollen bruised foot
I had some heavy things fal...-1
Doctor

A:   Hello
Thank you for posting your query on ATD.

I have gone through your query and understand your concern. You are likely to got soft tissue injury and hematoma due to injury. Area in the middle is white due to gravity shifting the blood towards periphery. it seems unlikely to be fracture ( broken). But it can be said definitely only by x rays. Rest, elevation, active toe movements and analgesic such as ibuprofen is useful . Hope your query get answered.

Wishing you a good health.
Take care.