I had surgery almost a year ago to remove 2

Patient

Q: I had surgery almost a year ago to remove 2 tennis-ball sized cysts on one ovary and 2 endometriomas (sp?) inside the other ovary. During this procedure, my surgeon had to remove one of my fallopian tubes because one of the cysts was wrapped around the tube with a bunch of scar tissue. He told me that it is still possible to become pregnant with only one tube, and I know that there are plenty of "one-tubed" people that have successful pregnancies, but is this something that I should speak to a fertility specialist about? I am not currently trying to conceive, and I have a Mirena coil right now, but I don't want to wait until I AM ready to then learn that I'm going to have trouble. I will be 25 this year, and I plan to start a family before I hit 30 (since I know that fertility stuff goes downhill after that big birthday!). Is there anything a specialist would suggest to improve my chances of conceiving with one tube? And does my Mirena coil have any negative impact on my chances?

Doctor

A:   Hi.
Thanks for an elucidate history.

Yes, you should tell the whole history to the Fertility Specialist.
The first thing in such a situation is not to use any intrauterine device for fear of infection and blocking the only functional tube.
Avoid PID, UTI, have healthy practices and better to try for the baby as your chances of pregnancy is definitely less than the general population.

Hope this helps you.