I had to terminate my pregnancy in the middle of November.

Patient: I had to terminate my pregnancy thr middle of November last year. Since December I have had symptoms of my period like cravings, mood swings etc. and heavy cramping but no period. Can u pls assist

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.After termination of pregnancy it will take some time for recu rring of menstrual cycles.This period can vary depending on the gestational age at which abortion occurred, beta hcg levels in the body, blood loss during abortion etc.Once beta hcg levels come to zero and gonadal hormones start regular function, periods can be expected.Usually this time period can vary from one to two months in many women.As you are not having periods since four months, better to get evaluated.Please do consult your doctor, get examined and go for ultrasound.With this workup the possible cause of your delayed periods and pain abdomen can be identified and treatment can be planned accordingly.Take care.