I had two red bump at the lower part of

Patient

Q: I had two red bump at the lower part of my penal shaft I popped the bigger one and it appears much larger and infected I also today started to see several other bumps on my penal shaft scattered apart

Doctor

Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.com

You have developed several bumps on the shaft of your penis, you ended up popping one of them, which got bigger and seems infected.
If you were exposed to any recent STI, this could be due to genital herpes, where often the only presentation is tiny sores or bumps in the genitalia. If there is no risk of STI or no previous history of herpes, the bumps could be due to a bacterial infection. They can also develop following an allergic response, however, the chances are low.

I will advise you to take an antihistaminic like Levocetirizine or Loratadine once daily at bedtime for 3 days under the care of your physician. A bacterial infection or an allergy will respond to the medicine. The bump which got infected needs an antibiotic application, and Mupirocin ointment is a good option. If the bumps do not settle down on using the medicines, it is likely to be a viral infection. The diagnosis can be confirmed by careful previous history as well as the exposure. It also needs to be physically examined to confirm the diagnosis. But, you can go for that, only if the bumps do not settle down on taking the Antihistaminic and Mupirocin ointment.

Hope this was helpful,
Feel free to discuss further,
Regards.

Patient: Can those two items be purchased over the counter at a pharmacy?
Doctor: Hello,
Levocetirizine or Loratadine should be available OTC.
But for Mupirocin ointment you need a prescription from a local GP.

Regards.