I had type A flu back in December Yesterday, I

Q: I had type A flu back in December. Yesterday, I started feeling the familiar aches, fatigue, and extreme chills. I never ran a fever yesterday despite the chills. This morning I am running a fever of 100.2 even after taking ibuprofen. I know that's not high, but the rest of my symptoms are exactly the same. Could I get the flu again in the same season? Should I go to urgent care for Tamiflu?

A:   Hi. Thank you for writing to ATD.

Yes, you can get a flu again even if it's in the same season. The virus that causes flu keeps on mutating and modifying itself. It is thus better for you to talk to a Doctor if you need Tamiflu.

Also, a viral fever takes about 7 days to get completely fine. And in the future, use Paracetamol compared to Ibuprofen. Ibuprofen is more specific for pain whereas Paracetamol is more specific for fever.

I hope this helps you. All the best.