Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I had unprotected sex a day before my girlfriends

I had unprotected sex a day before my girlfriends

Patient: I had unprotected sex a day before my girlfriends expected period. She took the plan b one step pill 5-6 hours after we had sex. She hasn’t started her period but has abdominal pains. We can’t sleep at night and were really scared

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.In case your girl friend’s cycles have been regular, and you are sure that it was just a day before the anticipated period that you had sex, and even she having had an emergency pill, there is nothing to worry about pregnancy as the day you had sex is quite far from the ovulation time and you have even had a contraceptive cover. The symptoms could be due to a premenstrual symptom.Kindly use a condom next time you attempt an intercourse to avoid the stress you go through.Hope this helped.Regards