Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I had unprotected sex about 2 months ago, I started

I had unprotected sex about 2 months ago, I started

Patient: I had unprotected sex about 2 months ago, I started ovulating a week later than normal but its been a brown slimy discharge. What are the chances of this being the first sign of pregnancy? And if its not what could the brown discharge be caused from?

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.comI can understand your concern.You did not mention whet her you got your period following the intercourse. If you ovulated after a week, you should have got your period 2 weeks later.The brown discharge could be spotting before periods or could also be a mid-cycle bleeding.If you did not get your period till now, please get the urine pregnancy test done, and it can rule out pregnancy.Hope this was helpful,Regards.