I had unprotected sex and caught chlamydia or gonorrhea I

Patient : I had unprotected sex and caught chlamydia or gonorrhea. I took all the antibiotics as prescribed. I followed up 10 days later with urethra irritation. Dr. prescribed pyridium for 2 days. I took that and now 24 hrs later the symptoms of urethra are back. I am going to back and see Dr. What else could it be and is it contagious?
Symptoms:  Slight discomfort in penis and lower abdominal area. No lesions, No swollen testacies, No swollen lymph nodes, No penile discharge. I have to pee a lot
Doctor :   Hi. Welcome to Ask the Doctor. Thanks for your query. I have gone through your question in detail and understand you r concerns. Please find my observation below: - According to your history you have contracted chlamydia or gonorrhea. Well this is not yet confirmed whether it is chlamydia or gonorrhea. - However, as you told that you have taken all the appropriate antibiotics that should have been subsided by now. - Now you have urethral irritation which is not being relieved by pyridium. Also, you are saying that you have to pee a lot, this indicates that you have some sort of UTI ( Urinary tract infection ). - Ideally a urine examination is done to confirm UTI, and if it is UTI then you will have to take an antibiotic course for that. - I would request you to see your Doctor and get your urine examination done to rule out UTI. - Till then, see that you drink plenty of oral fluids, do not indulge in any kind of unprotected sex. Hope I have answered your question in detail. Wish you good health. Take care.