Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I had unprotected sex and had my period but I have the symptoms of pregnancy.

I had unprotected sex and had my period but I have the symptoms of pregnancy.

Patient: I had unprotected sex and had my period but I have the symptoms of a pregnancy am I pregnant? And also I have some the symptoms of appendicitis could it be that instead of being pregnant also I was on birth control but had not took it a week before I had sex. Then my period was only three days but it wasn’t light enough to be implantation bleeding.

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.As you had periods after intercourse, the possibility of pr egnancy is less.You didn’t specify regarding the symptoms you are having.Please go for ultrasound once, which can help in ruling out pregnancy and in finding out the possibility of appendicitis.Using birth control pills regularly can help in preventing pregnancy.Take care.