Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I had unprotected sex and my partner injected in me but i am on the birth control.

I had unprotected sex and my partner injected in me but i am on the birth control.

Patient: I had unprotected sex and my partner injected in me but I’m on the birth control implant can I still be pregnant

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.If you have been on implant for more than a month now, then you stand protected from t his unprotected sexual encounter as implant shall prevent ovulation during this month , and in absence of ovulation, there cannot be any fertilization and hence no conception.I hope I have answered your query in detail.Wishing you good health.