Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I had unprotected sex and the day after i had my period

I had unprotected sex and the day after i had my period

Patient: I had unprotected sex and the day after i was havin what felt like period cramps so i took Plan B and its been 6 days but im still having cramps but my period doesnt come for like 8 days, i’ve also had a migraine since the unprotected sex and have been feeling nauseous am i pregnant?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.The symptoms are not specific for pregnancy. Since you have taken plan B it reduces the chances of pregnancy even further. Suggest you to do a pregnancy test to rule ut pregnancy. The symptoms of cramps could be due to premenstrual symptoms or even pill related side effects. Consider seeing a Gynecologist if the periods do not turn up in a week’s time, repeat a pregnancy test as well.Hope this helped.Regards