Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I had unprotected sex February 14 but took the morning

I had unprotected sex February 14 but took the morning

Patient: I had unprotected sex February 14 but took the morning after pill plan b the next day and I got my period 2 weeks later so I was a week early then I had unprotected sex again after my period around March 2 and started bleeding 4 days later for about 2 days now I am in April and am more than a week late is there a possibility I can be pregnant or can it be a side effect from plan b ??

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.As you got bleeding after having intercourse, the possibili ty of pregnancy is less.Emergency pill can alter the menstrual pattern by causing hormonal imbalance sometimes.So, better to go for urine pregnancy test once to rule out the possibility of pregnancy.If test gives negative result, the possibility of pregnancy is less.And you can wait for one more week, possibly you may get periods by that time.Take care