Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I had unprotected sex May 15th, as far as I

I had unprotected sex May 15th, as far as I

Patient: I had unprotected sex May 15th, as far as I know the ejaculation wasn’t inside me but my period is 2 days late. My last period was April 22nd. Should I take a pregnancy test or do you think it could just be stress?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.There is always a possibility of pregnancy with an unprotected intercourse, however s ure you may be that the ejaculation did not happen inside the vagina.Since your periods have been delayed, do a pregnancy test and if negative, wait for a week and repeat the test again to be hundred percent sure that you are not pregnant.Hope this helped.Regards