I had unprotected sex on Friday night and the next

Patient : I had unprotected sex on Friday night and the next morning I normally take my pill at 7am but didn't realise till 10pm I had forgotten about it
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query. It is fine to take the pill as soon as you remember. We must not exceed more than 24 hour time interval between each pill. When taken within one day, the failure rate is very negligible. Hence there is no need to worry in your case. In case you forget a pill and end up missing it for a day, you must take 2 pills on the next day. Always maintain a dairy or set an alarm as a reminder when you are on birth control pills. If you miss more than two days to take the regular pill as scheduled, you will have to use an alternate contraception along with the pills for a successful contraception for a weeks time. Hope this helps Regards