Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I had unprotected sex over a week or two ago

I had unprotected sex over a week or two ago

Patient: I had unprotected sex over a week or two ago and I was a day late when I found blood on my toilet tissue and I thought I was staring my period so I put a tampon in and got a little blood so I changed it the next time I checked it it was a little brown. I have been really stressed lately but I don’t know if I’m stressed or could be pregnant but it’s to early to take a at home pregnancy test. Please help!

Symptoms: Nausea, missed period/light bleeding , moody, stressed

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.The bleeding could be your period it self, the pregnancy test can be false negative so early, even if you were pregnant. It is better to get a blood test or an ultrasound done for confirmation.Hope this was helpful,Regards