Ask The Doctor » Questions & Answers » I had unprotected sex (pull out method) on April 9

I had unprotected sex (pull out method) on April 9

Patient: I had unprotected sex (pull out method) on April 9. I have a regular cycle of 28 days and my last period I was April 1. I’m assuming I ovulated somewhere around the 15th and my next period is due today the 29th. However on the 27th I started bleeding. It was a normal amount of blood but it was a bit darker. The flow gradually got heavier and by the 28th it was heavy and bright red like normal. On today the 29th it was a lot lighter though. I’ve been experiencing regular PMS symptoms like I normally do such as intense cramping in my legs and back and breaking out on my face. Last week I did notice my breasts to be more tender though but that went away. I don’t know if I’m currently experiencing possible implantation bleeding or my period, which is two days earlier and lighter than normal.

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Little bit of irregularity in periods can occur due to many causes.Usually menstrual cycle with length of 21 days to 35 days and menstrual flow for 3 to 7 days should be considered as normal only.As possibly you were not around the period of ovulation at the time of intercourse, the possibility of pregnancy is less.If you want to be sure, please go for urine pregnancy test once to rule out the possibility of pregnancy.Take care

View all posts