Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I had unprotected sex with my partner & the next

I had unprotected sex with my partner & the next

Patient: I had unprotected sex with my partner & the next day I got my period natural flow and I already had my period this month, and today my period has immediately stopped I don’t know if that’s a sign if im pregnant or not? I did research and their was a lot of yes and no’s so I have no idea what to think

Symptoms: Period immediately stopping over night

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.If you did not use contraception, there is a big possibility that you are pregnant. If y ou have had sex less than 72 hours ago, you can take Ipill if you did not take any contraception.Get a Pregnancy test to help check for the pregnancy. Check it 1 week after the periods. If positive, please see a Doctor.Hope this helps you. All the best.