Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I had What looked like a small bite of some

I had What looked like a small bite of some

Patient: I had What looked like a small bite of some kind this morning painful to the touch. But within 6 hours my entire arm swelled 4 times it’s normal size it’s extremely painful I don’t know whether I should go to the er or not

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.Sometimes insect bites can b e severe causing major anaphylaxis. Since your entire arm has swollen up, you need to visit the ER. If required they can give cortisone shots, to bring the inflammation down. You can take Tab. Claritin 10 mg once daily for 3 days, till the swelling comes down.Hope this was helpful,Regards

Patient: I went to the er turns out it’s a severe mrsa infection of which I have been hospitalized for am are undergoing iv antibiotic therapy