Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I hardly eat and that’s because when I eat after after two bites of food.

I hardly eat and that’s because when I eat after after two bites of food.

Patient: I hardly eat and that’s because when I eat after like two bites of food I feel like throwing up but I’m still hungry but the more I try eating the sicker I feel

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for using “Ask The Doctor” for posting your query.You have mentioned the category as pregnancy and I as sume that you are currently pregnant. In pregnancy, the problems of nausea and vomiting are very common especially in the morning. You can circumvent them by having dry food initially like toast or biscuits which tend to produce less of nausea. Further it may be a sign of acidity and hence good acid control is essential for reducing the symptoms. You may take ranitidine or rabeprazole to reduce your acidity after which the nausea symptoms will reduce.Do meet your doctor and discuss these options before you take them.Hope this helps,Wish you a good health.