I have a 12 month history of intermittent knee pain

Patient: I have a 12 month history of intermittent knee pain. Pain is dull and aggravated by walking, prolonged standing. It is more noticeable at night. I have also developed a pocket of swelling above my patella over my anterior thigh. Could I have an osteosarcoma?

Doctor: HelloThank you for posting your query on ATD.I have gone through your query and understand your concern.It is v ery less likely to be osteosarcoma as these generally occur in younger people of age less than 20 years. Second these are generally fast growing tumour so in one year it should have grown to a huge size.However, it needs Details investigation such as x-ray, MRI and biopsy to completely exclude it. I think you may be having vitamin D deficiency and should exclude vitamin D deficiency and if found low it can be supplemented with vitamin D3. Vitamin and trace elements supplements may be beneficial. Again local conditions can be excluded by X-ray and MRI of knee.For pain relief, you can take an analgesic such as ibuprofen for pain relief. Hope your query get answered.Wishing you a good health.Take care.

View all posts