I have a 2 year old, I have a new

Q: I have a 2 year old, I have a new partner and we are trying to concience. A few years ago he was told he had slow swimmers now he is fit and healthy and it's my third cycle off the pill after being on it for about 5 months. My cycle has been about 31 days since been off the pill but fell pregnant easily with my first son. Is there a chance of pregnancy without some kind of help?

A:   Hi,

By planning unprotected intercourse around the time of ovulation, the possibility of pregnancy can be increased.
Usually ovulation occurs in the middle of the cycle.
In case of general 28 days cycles, ovulation usually occurs between 12th to 16th days.
In case of 31 days cycles, ovulation may occur between 15th to 19th days.
So, as minor variations are common in menstrual cycles, on an average by planning the intercourse between 13th to 18th day, the possibility of pregnancy can be increased in your case.

Take care.