I have a 24 week old baby I

Patient

Q: I have a 24 week old baby. I tried to exclusively breastfeed when she was born, but due to health conditions postpartum that required high blood pressure and migraine medications, I was unable to continue after the first 10 days. I would like to try relactation now. I have since stopped taking those medications months ago, I am on the xulane patch. How long do I need to wait after removing the patch for it to get out of my system before trying to breastfeed?
I plan to start supplements including fenugreek to increase milk production. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Kelly

Doctor