I have a 3 year old son and I had

Patient : I have a 3 year old son and I had a miscarriage at 16 weeks had a D&C and was told something about my cervix and im prone to having a miscarriage and/or possible still birth I have anither appointment in 3 weeks but I kinda want answers now ...please please help
Doctor :   Hi, Thanks for the query. I understand your concern. According to your description your doctor might have told r egarding the possibility of cervical incompetence, means pregnant woman cervix dilate and efface prematurely. This can be diagnosed in intermenstrual period according to the number of dilator that can be passed. If cervical incompetence is diagnosed, in next pregnancy you can go for cervical stitch in early gestation to prevent miscarriage. Take care.