I have a 4 year old who is suffering with

Q: I have a 4 year old who is suffering with allergies and I don't have anything but Children's Benedryl. It says to not give to ages 2-5 unless directed by a doctor. What would be a safe dose I could give him so he can breathe through his nose?

Symptoms:  Stuffy nose/allergies seasonal

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

It is usually best to avoid as much medication in children as possible. This will prevent any side effects of growth stunting or such problems. The best would be to treat with steam inhalation. Also, give the child a lot of water to help him. wishing the best for him. See a Doctor to get him examined if he is not better after 2 days.

Hope this helps