I have a 4 year old who is suffering with

Patient : I have a 4 year old who is suffering with allergies and I don't have anything but Children's Benedryl. It says to not give to ages 2-5 unless directed by a doctor. What would be a safe dose I could give him so he can breathe through his nose?
Symptoms:  Stuffy nose/allergies seasonal
Doctor :   Thank you for writing to us. It is usually best to avoid as much medication in children as possible. This will preven t any side effects of growth stunting or such problems. The best would be to treat with steam inhalation. Also, give the child a lot of water to help him. wishing the best for him. See a Doctor to get him examined if he is not better after 2 days. Hope this helps