Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have a 6 sided red spot just above my

I have a 6 sided red spot just above my

Patient: I have a 6 sided red spot just above my tailbone. I hv noticed it being there for about 2 months now and the shape is getting more defined and the color is becoming a brighter red.

I have a 6 sided red spot j...-1

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.I understand your concern.As per details, it seems that you are suffering from Folliculitis. It is bacterial infection of skin involving the hair follicle.In such cases, I prefer to advise topical antibiotic cream like mupirocin 2 percent over the affected area.Keep the area clean and dry.Visit your doctor so that he can examine you and give you prescription.You can share my opinion with him.I hope it helps.Stay healthy