I have a back pain it hurts

Patient

Q: I Have this pain In my back Like at the right side it hurts when Im trying to get up or sit down or just lay down it hurts i just want to know what it is ?

Symptoms:  Pain
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. The cause of this pain could be due to muscle strain or spasms of the muscles of your lower back. Since it is localized to the right side, it may have been caused by a sudden movement, or heavy lifting which could lead to this presentation of this type of pain. It is possible that this injury may be be indicative of something more serious such as a herniated intervertebral disc. Please follow up with your doctor for a physical examination.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com