Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have a bump between my butt cheeks near where

I have a bump between my butt cheeks near where

Patient: I have a bump between my butt cheeks near where they first meet furthest away from the rectal opening about halfway down the buttocks. It is elongated and a little hard. There is also some yellow colored liquid and a bit of blood spotting when i wipe after defecating. I also occasionally have outer rectal itching.EDIT:The bump also itches.

Symptoms: Itch

Doctor: HI.Thanks for your information.Most probable diagnosis is a pilonidal sinus and you will have to get this confirm ed after an examination with a General Surgeon.Itching near the anal canal be due to colitis or local dermatitis.This also will be confirmed by Him.The treatment of Pilonidal sinus is always surgical .I hope this answers your query.