Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have a bump on my forehead.

I have a bump on my forehead.

Patient: I have a bump on my forehead. I would like to know of its acne or a bite

Symptoms: Red Bump

I have a bump on my forehead.-1 I have a bump on my forehead.-1 I have a bump on my forehead.-1 I have a bump on my forehead.-1 I have a bump on my forehead.-1 I have a bump on my forehead.-1

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion,This is definitely not an acne but yes there is a possibility th at it is a insect bite. The presence of centralised swelling around the bite site and redness with inflammation almost confirms the possibility. This should be accompanied by pain and localised itching.You may apply ice pack locally to control the swelling and then can apply Ointment Neosporin over it which is available as an otc. It should subside in next 6 hrs.I hope i have answered your query in detail,Wishing you good health,Regards

Patient: Is it possible it is something else or is it most likely a bite? If it is a bite, is there a way to identify what type of bite it is?

Doctor: Unfortunately, type of bite cannot be helped with. You are the best judge with regards to that. But its not an acne as one follicular area is not involved, its pretty large for an acne and it has been an acute onset in short period of time.